How to Convert a Business into a Franchise: A Step-by-Step Guide
Choose the Right Brand for You
You want to franchise with a brand that will bring you success. When determining how to convert a business to a franchise, the first step is to pick a franchise.
Tide Cleaners is the same Tide your customers have trusted for more than 70 years. We provide the very best in professional laundry and dry-cleaning services. Transitioning your dry-cleaner business to a Tide Cleaners franchise will ensure your current customers remain satisfied while giving you the ability to attract new clientele.
Franchise Qualification Process
If you’re wondering how to convert a business to a franchise, the first large step is to qualify as a franchise owner. Here is a breakdown of the qualification process to become a Tide Cleaners franchise owner:
- Initial Contact – You will first need to request more information by filling out an initial request form here. A Tide franchise representative will set up a call to learn more about you and your business aspirations.
- Schedule a Tide Cleaners Webinar – A Tide franchise representative will go over the conversion process with you. You will learn about the Procter & Gamble and Agile Pursuits Franchising, Inc. visions, purposes, and growth strategies.
- Review Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD) – You will receive the FDD following the Tide Cleaners Webinar and have a chance to review your application with a franchise representative.
- Submit Request for Consideration and Franchise Business Outline – Submit your franchisee application for review. A Tide franchise representative will go over the application with you. You will also submit additional information about your background and finances.
- Guest Visit – Meet with members of our executive team. You will get a comprehensive look at the Tide franchise opportunity and meet with integral members of the Tide family.
- Approval – Members of our executive team will review your application and background. If they decide to move forward with your franchise application, the Franchise Review Board will meet to discuss your approval.
- Sign Franchise Agreements – Once approved, a Tide franchise representative will review all franchise agreements with you. You will then be able to sign the agreements and become a member of the Tide Cleaners family!
What to Expect From Tide Cleaners
As a Tide Cleaners franchise owner, you will be able to leverage the Tide brand to grow your business. You can expect plenty of support from Tide Cleaners, and the company will always provide systems and standards to enable customer satisfaction. Tide Cleaners is selective about who joins the team, and the company listens to and trusts its franchisees.
Business Conversion Costs
The initial store investment to convert a laundry business to a Tide Cleaners franchise ranges from $93,900 to $197,000. The initial franchise fee is $10,000, and multiple factors will determine the investment cost (for example, the store’s location and building changes).
Tide Cleaners currently offers an incentive program for business owners who want to convert their locations into franchises. As part of the Tide Cleaners Conversion Incentive Program, you can take advantage of no royalties for six months to convert existing, non-franchised dry cleaners to Tide Cleaners locations.